Paleo Diet Meal Plan
Paleo Diet Grocery List
Paleo Diet Meal Plan. What should your Paleo diet meal plan look like? The good news about eating a Paleo diet is that you will have much more freedom than you have with other diets. In fact, when you are trying to figure out what foods to put on your Paleo diet grocery list there is only one question you need to ask yourself, “Would a caveman eat this?” What kind of foods should be on your Paleo Diet Grocery List? Remember, the Paleo diet is built around eating the way that we were meant to eat. Our ancestors did not have sugar, processed foods, and sodas. Instead, they ate the way that nature intended, they ate from the earth.
Cavemen would hunt their own meat, gather their own berries, and pick their own vegetables. They didn’t have ranch sauce on their salads and they didn’t have cheese on their burgers. And yet, they were extremely healthy and extremely strong. After all, they had to wake up every morning, hunt food, prepare food, find a shelter, and take care of their families. All of these things take a massive amount of strength and energy.
When you are making your Paleo diet grocery list, you want to be sure that you include the foods that are going to help you to have that same massive amount of energy that the cavemen had. And one of the easiest ways to do that is to add a lot of lean meats to your Paleo diet grocery list. Lean meats hold a lot of protein and protein is responsible for fast weight loss and making you feel full for a longer period of time. Look at the following Paleo Shopping List to see what kinds of foods you should be getting from your local grocery store.
Paleo Diet Shopping List
Here is your guideline for picking the right types of paleo foods so you can achieve paleo results. Include these foods in your Paleo Diet Shopping List:
- Steak (Great choice because it’s high creatine and iron content)
- Buffalo (If you can find it, it’s a great protein source)
- Ostrich (Great as a Jerky also, High Protein Low Fat)
- Fish (From a radiation safe zone if possible)
- Chicken (Naturally lean, just trim off the skin and any fat)
- Turkey (Same as chicken, only leaner)
So you want to add steak, chicken, turkey, and extra lean hamburger to your Paleo diet grocery list. And be sure to trim off any fat that you find on the meat before you eat it. Another good tip with meat is to look for organic or grass fed meat. After all, if the meat that you are eating has been eating processed foods, then that meat will not be able to give you the protein that you are looking for.
Nuts & Seeds:
- Walnuts (High Omega 3 Content)
- Almonds (High Alkaline Content)
- Brazil (Very Healthy Energy Source)
- Flax (High Lignan Content)
- Sesame (Lots of Health Benefits)
Nuts and seeds are also important to add to your Paleo diet grocery list. Not only do nuts and seeds make you feel full, but they are also easy to prepare and take with you. Many times we find ourselves hungry and stuck in traffic or at the office without our healthy food. But if you keep a bag of mixed nuts and seeds with you, you will be able to easily stick to your healthy eating plan all day long.
Fruits & Vegetables:
- Celery (Burns More Calori
es Than You Take In)
- Kale, Chard & Spinach (Extremely High Antioxidant Sources)
- Broccoli & Cauliflower (Natural Anti-Cancer Properties)
- Tomatoes (High Lycopene Content)
- Carrots (High Beta Carotene)
- Apples (Give your Doctor some time off)
- Berries (All kinds are powerful anti-oxidants and anti-aging)
- Citrus (High Vitamin-C for circulatory system)
- Tropical (Healthy Fats for Long-Term Energy Plus Enzymes for Nutrient Metabolism)
Finally, you want to add fresh fruits and vegetables to your Paleo diet grocery list. When dealing with fruits and vegetables, it is always best to try to buy organic, that way you know that you are eating food that is free from chemicals. Lastly, you want to add some beverages to your Paleo diet grocery list. While it is true that water is always best, you don’t have to lose your favorite beverages.
For instance, you should avoid regular soda, but you can have diet soda. You can also have coffee and tea in moderation. Making a Paleo diet grocery list might seem intimidating at first, but it doesn’t have to be. Just remember to look at your food choices and ask yourself if a caveman would have eaten that food. Also, remember to put some beverages on your shopping list, just be sure to look at what those beverages contain before you buy them. For more get the complete recipe guide that follows the paleodiet: the Paleo Cookbooks.